February 16, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (3) But I Love Him

Photobucket
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

PhotobucketTitle: But I Love Him
Author: Amanda Grace
Release Date: May 8th 2011
Publisher: Flux
SynopsisTonight was so much worse than anything before it. 
Tonight he didn't stop after the first slap. 

At the beginning of senior year, Ann was a smiling, straight-A student and track star with friends and a future. Then she met a haunted young man named Connor. Only she can heal his emotional scars; only he could make her feel so loved-and needed. Ann can't recall the pivotal moment it all changed, when she surrendered everything to be with him, but by graduation, her life has become a dangerous high wire act. Just one mistake could trigger Connor's rage, a senseless storm of cruel words and violence damaging everything-and everyone-in its path. 

This evocative slideshow of flashbacks reveals a heartbreaking story of love gone terribly wrong.

Why I'm waiting on it: It sounds like a heart-wrenching read, but also could be a beautiful story if told correctly. I hope it's as good as the synopsis suggests!

What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. this one sounds really good! Great pick :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it does sound heart wrenching, hope you get to read it and can't wait for your review before I decide to get it.

    This Week's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I've heard of this one. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this one before, but it sounds like an intense read. The cover's stunning, as well. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, sounds like an emotionally packed read. I'm intrigued how the story turns out though. Talk about being in a destructive relationship. Great WoW pick!

    Here's my WoW picks for this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books like this. Powerful and emotional. Can't wait for this to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heey
    Sounds like a great book!! I'm a new follower! Hop over to my blog to see my WoW!
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds pretty intense with an issue that unfortunately is more frequent for our teenage girls than is ever reported. I am interested in reading this to see how well the author handles the abuse and resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this one around, the cover reminds me so much of Sarah Ockler's 20 Boy Summer with the coloured glass pieces arranged in a heart! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice!! I haven't heard this one yet! Thank you for sharing!

    My WoW

    Moonlight Gleam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this one does sound really intense. It's new to me but definitely going on my list, it seems like it has the potential to be a really memorable and emotional read:) Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one could be a beautiful story, thank you for sharing.
    I'm a new follower^^

    My WOW:
    http://mysteriousrose.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1-this-side-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by! Oh my this book sounds very emotional. Added it to by TBR list!

    P.S. Hosting a small giveaway on my blog: http://patriciasparticularity.blogspot.com/2011/02/now-on-facebook-small-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the sound of this one, and it's on my list, too. The cover reminds me awfully of Twenty Boy Summer though, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds super-intense! i agree with melissa--the cover looks a lot like twenty boy summer's.

    ReplyDelete